An acrylic fire and acoustic rated sealant for perimeter and penetration seals in fire rated construction.
- Non-trafficable control joints in concrete, masonry and brick fire rated construction
- Penetrations and perimeter sealing in plasterboard
- Acoustic sealing
Product Code: 9300697124272
- Size & Pack Type: 600mL sausage
- Color: Off White
- Fire rated for up to 4 hours
- Will not degrade acoustic walls that meet the BCA requirements
- Excellent adhesion to most building materials
- Low odour
- Low VOC
- Water clean up
- Substrates must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease, release agents, dust and loose material.
- Cut the end of the sausage and place in a Selleys sausage gun. Extrude sealant smoothly into joint.
- For fire rating, joint width should be between 10mm and 40mm. Minimum joint depth should be 10mm or half the width for joints wider than 20mm. Install open cell polyurethane backing rod in joint to control sealant depth.
- Allow the sealant to form a thick skin before painting with a flexible paint. To avoid paint cracking with flat and/or ceiling paint, the sealant should be allowed to fully cure before painting.
Technical Details and Performance
Joint movement capability
+/- 15% ISO 9046
Elongation at Break
300% ASTM D412
- Up to 4 hours
- Results quoted are for a 10mm x 10mm joint in concrete.