Low modulus, non-slumping, PSA composite sealant suitable for fire and acoustic rated construction. The sealant is light grey in colour.
- Non-trafficable control joints in concrete, masonry and brick fire rated construction
- Acoustic sealing between most common building materials such as concrete, masonry, plasterboard, fibre cement, metals, timber and plastic as part of a suitable design
- Penetrations and perimeter sealing in plasterboard
Product Code: 9300697118622
- Size & Pack Type: 600mL sausage
- Color: Light Grey
- Fire rated for up to 4 hours
- Will not degrade acoustic walls up to 67Rw
- Excellent adhesion to most building materials
- Low odour
- Low VOC
- Halogen free
- Isocyanate free
- Water clean up
- Clean tools and equipment in water before the sealant cures. To remove cured sealant, tools will need to be soaked in water followed by mechanical action.
- Not recommended for continuous submersion or below water line use. For exterior applications protect from rain until painted with suitable exterior paint.
- Substrates must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease, release agents, dust and loose material.
- Cut the end of the sausage and place in a Selleys sausage gun. Extrude sealant smoothly into joint.
- For fire rating, joint width should be between 10mm and 40mm. Minimum joint depth should be 10mm or half the width for joints wider than 20mm. Install open cell polyurethane backing rod in joint to control sealant depth.
- The sealant cures by water evaporation; therefore cure rate is dependant on humidity, ambient temperature and joint size. Typically, the sealant will form a thick skin within 24 hours and full cure can be expected after 7 days. In humid or cool conditions the sealant cure will be longer.
- Allow the sealant to form a thick skin before painting with a flexible paint. To avoid paint cracking with flat and/or ceiling paint, the sealant should be allowed to fully cure before painting.
CAUTION – DANGER. May damage fertility or the unborn child. Keep out of reach of children. Read label before use. Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Use personal protective equipment including gloves. Wash hands after use.
Technical Details and Performance
Joint movement capability
+/- 25% ISO 9046
Elongation at Break
900% ASTM D412
0.15 MPa ASTM D412
Rw (CT; CTR) 67 (-1; -3) AS/NZ ISO717-1
- -/240/120 AS1530.4, AS4072.1
- Results quoted are for a 10mm x 10mm joint in concrete.
5.5g/L GBCA IEQ-13